New in Alfred 5
Alfred 5 brings a new category of objects, Automations, which can be used to automate macOS and process data with pre-built actions.
Automation Tasks are one of the major additions to Alfred 5.
Run a Shortcut from the macOS 12+ Shortcuts app.
Perform a System Command and, optionally, add a confirmation.
Simple controls for Music.app; Play, pause, skip, adjust the volume.
Find out more about Workflows
Discover workflows and learn how to create your own in the Workflows section.
To find out more about other workflow objects, take a look at each type:
- Triggers: Activate Alfred from a hotkey, another Alfred feature or an external source.
- Inputs: Keyword-based objects used to perform an action, on its own or followed by a query.
- Actions: The objects that do most of the work in your workflows; opening or revealing files and web searches, running scripts and performing commands.
- Utilities: Utilities give you control over how your objects are connected together and how the arguments output by the previous object is passed on to the next object.
- Outputs: Collect the information from the earlier objects in your workflow to pop up a Notification Centre message, show output in Large Type, copy to clipboard or run a script containing the result of your workflow.