Guides and Tutorials
Once you've browsed Alfred's features, you can delve deeper into customising Alfred with these great guides and tutorials.
Discovering Workflows? In Alfred 3, we've added Getting Started guides and examples, which you can find in Alfred's Workflows preferences. Click the [+] at the bottom of the sidebar and select Getting Started guides to see workflows in action.
Searching More Efficiently
- Beginner's Guide to Searching your Mac and the Web with Alfred
- Setting up Custom Searches
- Changing your Fallback Searches
- Using File Filters to search efficiently
- Searching with wildcards
- Use OS X Tags to search more efficiently
Creating and Using Workflows
You'll find numerous built-in workflows in Alfred's Workflows preferences. Add them from the [+] menu at the bottom of the sidebar, and read their description to find out how you can use them.
A few simple guides to help you get started:
- Creating a Hotkey Workflow
- Organising your Workflows
- Exporting and Sharing Workflows
- Adding alternative actions in workflows
- Using Workflow Templates to get started quickly
These slightly more advanced guides will help you make the most of workflows:
Using Alfred Remote for iOS
- Setting up Remote for the first time
- Adding Remote Actions to your Workflows
- Creating a Workflow Remote page
Tips & Tricks
Take a look at the Alfred Cheatsheet to see a list of all the default hotkeys, keywords and shortcuts you can use.
You'll also find Tips and Tricks on the Alfred blog! :)